Reserve Bank of India and Foreign Exchange Laws Compliance
Cross border transactions is the order of the present business era. Overseas investments in India, setting up of branch offices / subsidiaries, and joint ventures are primarily governed by FEMA, its rules and regulations, along with the permission and approval of RBI in certain cases. Our services in this area include :
- Advisory, documentations & compliance on setting up of Foreign Subsidiaries (Foreign Business) in India.
- Setting up of Branch office, Liaison office, Project office and related compliances.
- Advisory, documentations & compliance in relation to FDI (Foreign Direct Investment) in India (inclusive of Certification of Form FC-GPR & FC-TRS).
- NRI (Non-Resident Indian) investment and compliances.
- Advisory, documentations, compliance appearance with RBI in matter pertaining to External Commercial Borrowing.
- Advising on setting up of joint ventures abroad or setting up of subsidiaries abroad.
- Drafting of Memorandum of Understanding, Promoters Agreement, Shareholders Agreement and Commercial Agreements.
- Advising on legal and procedural matters falling under FEMA, including documentation and appearance in matters pertaining to Compounding of offence with Reserve Bank of India. Registration of Non-Banking Financial Companies (NBFC’s) and compliance with its prudential norms. Advising on takeover of existing NBFC’s.
- Advising Non-Resident Indians regarding investment in India and repatriation of such investments and returns thereon.
- Obtaining RBI/FIPB approvals.